Going Home & Some Final Thoughts
WOW! these 2 weeks just flew by. So here are a few random thoughts in no particular order:
- Iceland is AWESOME!!!!
- I’ve been lucky enough to visit some pretty great places (Grand Canyon, the whole southwest, the fjords of Norway, the Alps, the Amalfi Coast, Japan…) but Iceland is tops on my list for it’s sheer/stunning beauty.
- Iceland has so much. From the hot geysers to the cold glaciers, from the hard jagged mountain peaks to the soft green meadows, from the desolate lava fields to the teeming city of Reykjavik, Iceland has it all. (And you can see most of these things in just 1 day)
- What you won’t find in Iceland is billboards, McDonald’s, gross commercialization, low prices 🙂 , hot humid weather…
- If you are looking for 5 star hotels and gourmet cooking then Iceland is NOT for you.
- Did I mention it is stupid expensive 🙂
- The Icelanders were very friendly and all spoke english really good 🙂
- All of the hotels, hostels, farms… we stayed at were neat and clean. But some may find them a little primitive (no tvs, spotty wifi, a little old…)
- Right now New Zealand is the hot place to travel to. I think Iceland will be the hot place to travel to in the next few years. I just hope it doesn’t lose its charm.
- FYI… during the trip I took 2,409 photos!!!! And we drove 1,800 miles!!! And saw like a gazillion sheep 🙂
- My only regret??? I couldn’t work Chuck Norris into my blog 😦 Wait a minute… I just did 🙂
Here are a few parting shots… my best of the best photos 🙂 Enjoy!
And please feel free to leave any comments.
Well, I hope you enjoyed our trip to Iceland. Please feel free to leave a comment.
Until next time (blog) when we will travel to…