Velkomin á Bloggið Mitt
or “Welcome to my blog” in Icelandic (According to Google Translate)
This is my fifth blog in a continuing series of vacation blogs from around the world. Every year Susie (my wife) and I pick a town, rent an apartment for a month (thank-you VRBO.com), no car and live like the natives. We have stayed in Barcelona, Nice, France (twice) and Rome. If you are interested in reading my previous vacation blogs, here are the links:
HOWEVER, this year we decided to try sometime completely different… a 2 week “self driving tour” of Iceland. Why Iceland??? I’m not sure. Maybe because it is there. Plus a couple people we know have been there and had great things to say about it.
Here is a short (<4 minutes) video on Iceland that sold me on going. NOTE: please click on the square icon next to the YouTube logo (bottom right) to go full screen.
For those of you who went to tHE Ohio State :-), Iceland is located here:
A few important items before we begin:
- First things first, I assume no responsibilities for typos or poor grammer. I have a Engineering degree fer God’s sakes. OK… I feel much better with that off my shoulders.
- If you are offended by any of my comments… sorry about that.
- If you want to enlarge any of the photos, just click on them.
- I try to post a blog everyday. (see note below)
- If you want to leave a comment, click on “Comment as” and select a profile. The best is to sign-in with your Google account (if you have one). If you don’t have a Google Account, select “Anonymous” and add your comment. If you use “Anonymous”, please leave your name at the end of your post.
- I’m trying a fancy smancy new template for my blog. If you have any problems, please let me know.
- Feel free to share the blog with others.
IMPORT NOTE: I will try to post everyday, but since we will be driving almost everyday and packing & unpacking…plus wifi is a question mark (think farms) the posts might be a little sporadic but I will do my best. Thanks for understanding.